DVD Ripper Mac > Rip Copy Protected DVD on Mac Handbrake Alternative
Handbrake Alternative Rip Encrypted/Copy Protected DVD on Mac
No doubt, handbrake is a great freeware to rip DVD no matter on Mac or Windows. However, it is limited to rip homemade DVDs, which means the purchased DVD can't be ripped by handbrake as it is encrypted by CSS protection.
So if you want to rip encrypted/copy protected DVD on Mac, you have to turn to programs like DVD Ripper for Mac(This used to done by Mactheripper. However, MTP no longer works). As it is a pay-for-program it has more functions than the free handbrake. Let's take a look at the key functions of DVD Ripper for Mac.
- Rip unprotected and copy protected DVDs to any popular video format like MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, WMV, FLV, etc. on Mac
- Convert DVD to videos with optimized presets for iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Zune, Xbox, etc on Mac.
- Edit DVD movies, such as trimming, cropping, adjusting video effects, etc. on Mac.
- Handbrake can't work on Mountain Lion, but DVD Ripper for Mac works on all Mac OS X.
Now, let's see how this handbrake alternative (DVD Ripper for Mac) rip encrypted DVD on Mac.
Step 1: Download and install DVD Ripper for Mac.
Step 2: Click the "Load DVD" or "Load IFO" button to load DVD folders/IFO files to the program.
Step 3: Select the video/audio format you want from the "Profile" drop down list. ie. "General Video > MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4)".
Step 4: Set the output destination from "Destination".
Step 5: Click the big "Convert" button to start ripping protected DVD on Mac. The amount of time it takes will depend on the file format and size of the DVD but it will take a while no matter what.
DVD to Mac Ripper
DVD to Mac Ripper helps you rip encrypted commercial DVDs to Mac.
Rip DVD to Mac Article
- Rip DVD to MP4 Mac
- Rip DVD to iTunes
- DVD to AVI Mac
- DVD to iPad Mac
- DVD to iCloud Mac
- DVD to QuickTime Mac
- DVD to iMovie
- Mac DVD to MKV
- DVD to ATV/ATV2 Mac
- Mac DVD to Roku
- Unlock DVD Region Code
- DVD Ripper for Lion
- Rip DVD to Mountain Lion
- AirPlay DVD Movies from Mac to Apple TV 2, TV 3
- Transfer DVD-Video from Mac to iPad
- Copy DVD to USB Flash Drive
- Rip DVD to iPhone5 on Mountain Lion
- Rip DVD to Samsung Galaxy S Mac
- Rip DVD to Time Capsule
- Rip DVD to Nexus 7